- How to break free from the traditional way of marketing
- How to find your content marketing voice
- Learn the importance of knowing your clients brand story and struggles for you to help them deeper in solving their marketing problems
- How to turn your customers into advocates of your business
Hillary Weiss is a copywriter, ghostwriter, and mischief-maker over at hillaryweiss.com. Since 2011, she’s helped over 150 brands find their voice, get seen and heard with content that truly speaks their language, and fits their brand story. Hillary being an originator, figured out authenticity and she knew how to tap into adversity in marketing.
In this episode, Tom deep dives into Hillary’s journey in content marketing and how she was able to help clients find their own voice for them to get the result that does more than just changing their business but also changing the world by developing deeper connection with their customers eventually turning them to advocates of the brand.
Check out these episode highlights:
- 00:43 – all about Hillary and her content marketing background
- 04:16 – who is Hillary’s ideal client?
- 05:13 – what are the problems that Hillary solve for her clients?
- 06:09 – what are the symptoms of the marketing problem that Hillary is trying to solve for her clients
- 07:41 – what are the common marketing mistakes that people make?
- 07:54 – what is a lead stream and how can you get a flow of lead?
- 08:38 – what is one Valuable Free Action (VFA) that the audience can implement that will help them solve that problem?
- 09:06 – from all her years of experience what is the most Valuable Free Tip (VFT) that she can advise people?
- 11:13 – Hillary’s Free Valuable Action (VFA) resource: Blog Post Outline Guide
Tweetable Takeaways from this Episode:
“Some of the niches that I write for (a big issue that people are running into) is authenticity is starting to sound like the same thing over and over again because people are doing the same approach.” - @HCWeiss Click To Tweet
“It is going to pay off in dividends if we focused on. Instead of worrying what everyone around you is creating focusing on specific audience needs?” - @HCWeiss Click To Tweet
“People are opening email less and less.” - @HCWeiss Click To Tweet
“Because there is so much competition there is so much noise.” - @HCWeiss Click To Tweet
“Everything we do in marketing changes and it doesn’t work the same way.” - @HCWeiss Click To Tweet
“Spend time. Survey your list. Ask them what their biggest challenges right now.” - @HCWeiss Click To Tweet