- Learn how local businesses can market on a shoestring budget
- Know how to leverage existing customer base to have more sales
- Know the importance of long-term business planning to overcome sales challenges on a fraction of marketing cost
Jeff Slutsky is the President and Founder of Street Fighter Marketing in Kansas City which specializes in teaching businesses how to market, promote and increase sales on a shoe-string budget. He has authored and published 10 books, 3 audio albums, and six video training programs.
With a background in both advertising and public relations, Jeff Slutsky had an opportunity to practice what he preached when he became part owner of a nightclub and later a health club. With the marketing dollars now coming out of his own pocket, he soon began to discover and develop result-oriented, low-cost tactics to build sales. This unique combination of shrewd thinking, innovative problem solving, budgeting on a shoe-string, and a lot of hard work, came to be known as Street Fighting which received a great deal of national media attention including The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Success, Ink Magazine, CNN.
In this episode, Jeff shares how to advertise, promote and market on a community level to increase sales without spending a lot of money.
Check out these episode highlights:
- 00:26 – all about Jeff Slutsky
- 01:50 – Jeff defines his ideal client
- 02:17 – problems Jeff solves for his small business owner clients
- 03:09 – symptoms of Jeff’s client’s problems
- 04:05 – common mistakes that small business owners make when they try to advertise their services and products
- 04:20 – what is the Shiny Penny Syndrome?
- 04:50 – Jeff’s Valuable Free Action (VFA): Leverage on existing customer base
- 05:40 – Jeff’s free Valuable Action Resource (VAR): www.streetfightermarketing.com
- 05:40 – Jeff’s most Valuable Free Tip (VFT)
Tweetable Takeaways from this Episode:
“The problem is that advertising costs more than ever before, there is a lot of choices and it just does not work for a lot of small businesses. We are trying to share with people how to market, promote in their local level on a shoestring… Click To Tweet
“Instead of using the expensive advertising media, everybody has their own customer bases, find ways to work together.” - @JeffSlutsky Click To Tweet